Vol 17: Autumn & Winter 2014
Tales of Two Cities: Hong Kong, Berlin
Starting this issue, Obscura is launched as a biannual publication, continuing with the direction of cultivating the art of daily life. This Autumn & Winter 2014 edition documents intimate and personal stories happening in Hong Kong and Berlin. It is an ode to these two cities which inspire many with their unique cultural diversity.
1. Home Sweet Home – an extraordinary experience of living in BLESS Home in Berlin;
2. A Time River of Her Own – visualizing daily life in Berlin, a poetic photo essay by Japanese photographer Hanayo;
3. Berliners’ Berlin – four Berliners from different backgrounds revealing their favorite Berlin places;
4. A Nomadic Way of Creating – getting inspiration from various cities, an interview with the design duo of ffiXXed;
5. The Art of Commnunity – exploring integration of art within a Hong Kong community, a thoughtful conversation with Woofertening Group;
6. Dipping Blue in a Forest – an inspiring visit to Hong Kong’s first indigo dyeing workshop;
7. CITI X1: Hong Kong Guide – five Hong Kong spots worth visiting, recommended by Viction:ary.
Cover Illustration by Vivian Ho
Print Details: 146 pages, perfect bound with a white cloth spine, full-color.
Printed in Hong Kong.